Posts tagged cybernetics
Oh the humanity! In the fifth episode of our Irish science podcast, we mostly explore what happens when man (or woman) meets machine. Just press play below, click ‘Download’ or subscribe via iTunes.
In this episode:
- We reminisce about 70s TV series The Bionic Woman in a report on organic bionics and Gordon Wallace‘s appearance at the Science Gallery during the Human+ exhibition.
- We find out why cybernetics professor Kevin Warwick is known as “the world’s first cyborg”.
- NUI Galway psychologist Brian Hughes gives us some tips on how the communication of science can be improved.
- In our Culture Corner, we review ‘evolutionary development’ book Endless Forms Most Beautiful by Sean B Carroll.
- Plus news from Ireland and abroad, including new potentially life-saving technology from the Tyndall Institute and how video games can help kids with cystic fibrosis.
We also launched a new section of the show called ‘Ask A Scientist‘. If you have a burning question you’ve always wanted to know the answer to, then email us at email@example.com and we promise to get a scientist to answer your question.